Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Weight Watchers Taco Soup

Evening lovely blog readers, it's been well, a crazy week around here. I've had a hair mishap that seems to be fixed now (green hair dye will never..well die!) and Ma is down for the count with a (possible) torn knee, severe inner ear infection, and vertigo. Yeah, I would say the same thing as you might be thinking. We are a hot mess. No worries we're here to bring you this week's recipe.

PS. How cute is this layout? Your blog mistress knows her way around some HTML. ;D.

I do have a small announcement to make. Ma and myself (along with Geoff and Aunt Jane) have decided to get our butts healthier and join a little club called Weight Watchers. Now, for those of you who are not a fan of said club nor are you in any way on a diet fear not we're not becoming one of those in your face health blogs that make you cringe at the sight of diet foods as well as want to strangle Richard Simmons (give the hyper little guy in short shorts a break). We are still bringing you our best and brightest recipes with a little twist. After each entry (either WW recipe or not) we'll tally up the points and make a small section dedicated to let you know how many servings the recipe is and points per serving. See? That was painless. Anywho on with the show!Tonight is a WW recipe and guys I'm not kidding most WW recipes don't taste like any kind of gross diet food I've ever had before. So no running and no funny faces at the sight of the word "healthy". Are we kosher? Good! For all our taco lovers out there this one's for you! Here's what you'll need:

Weight Watchers Taco Soup

Ingredients
* 48 Ounces Randall White Great Northern Beans
*2 Cups Whole Kernel Corn
*28 Ounces Diced Tomatoes
*1 Medium Onion
*1 Cup of Water
*1 Package of Taco Seasoning Mix
*1 Package of Hidden Valley Ranch Party Dip


How to make it

*Mix all of the above ingredients in a crock pot and serve when hot.


WW Points: * 2 points per cup/ *4 Points Plus





This was a tasty dish. It's odd, to me it seemed like it was missing something. I couldn't pin point what exactly but I felt like something wasn't included that needed to be there. Now I know it looks like I'm hating but trust me it tastes great...I just didn't love it as much as I thought I would. PS. If you try this (and I hope you do) and you can find the "taco" flavor it swears it is then I'm handing you a cookie for a job well done. I honestly don't see where it tasted anything "taco" like.




Tid Bits:
*Not of fan of northern white bean? Yeah, me either. So you can use any beans you'd like.

*Add a dollop of fat free sour cream & a few pinches of fresh cilantro on top of your soup to give it some extra flavor.



Ma's Spot: I liked this dish quite a bit. I loved the beans mixed with the crispiness of the corn. It makes alot so with your leftovers you can add chicken(which is what I'm going to do) and have another night's dinner ready to eat. It was very filling as well.



And ladies and gents for your viewing pleasure we announce the comeback (like Britney Spears style comeback) of....


*SNACK CORNER:*

(YAY it's back!)

It's time for snack corner! Where we take new snacks in the grocery store and break it down for you. We tell you which are hot and which are not. Let's get to this week's pick:



WW Points: *3 Per Bar


Dinah: First off, welcome back awesome Snack Corner. We missed you! Now, for your dining pleasure tonight we are reviewing the Special K Fruit Crisps Blueberry. I remember being a tiny tot and semi liking the nutrigrain bar. The inside with the preserve was killer but the outside...well...it sucked. So when this yummy thing came along I was thrilled. Here's something that doesn't lack in flavor nor does it take on that gross grain flavor that the old skool bar usually has.

If you feel like me then pick these ones up. They are something to be adored!

Ma: I love these Special K bars. They are light, crunchy, and have just the right amount of preserve in the middle. As well as the light drizzle of frosting make up the right combo. It's like having a fruit pie only light and crispy.


See guys, not too shabby, eh? That's all folks, we'll be back next week with my new favorite recipe. Which involves BBQ sauce. Me? BBQ sauce? Yeah, not a fan normally but in this little recipe it's pure gold. Wanna know what it entails? Come back in 7 days. Have a great week guys!



Spoons & Spatula's
~Dinah & Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment